All subscriptions include:
- Unlimited Full Access every day to detroitnews.com
- Access to the e-Edition, an exact digital replica of the print edition. You can access the e-Edition directly at detroitnews.com/eedition
- Breaking news alerts and updates on our tablet and smartphone apps. You can personalize your news alerts, swipe, and scroll through stories faster, and bookmark them to save and read later. To unlock unlimited access, sign into your account in the app.
- Ability to share your digital access with a friend or family member for no additional cost. They, too, can get 24/7 access to detroitnews.com. Go to help.detroitnews.com and start sharing now.
- Newsletters tailored to specific topics our readers want more of. Newsletters can be sent right to your inbox. Sign up for one (or all of them) today at detroitnews.com/newsletters.
Full Access with print edition subscriptions:
- Thanksgiving and Premium Editions: Your subscription includes the Thanksgiving print edition and Premium Editions that are published to provide additional information and value. There will be no more than two (2) Premium Editions published each calendar month during the subscription term. Each Premium Edition will be charged at $6, and the Thanksgiving print edition will be charged at $6.
- This additional charge will be added to your billing, corresponding to the delivery date of the edition. You can decline to be charged for the Thanksgiving print edition and Premium Editions at any time by contacting customer service at 1-800-395-3300. If you do not contact us to decline the Thanksgiving print edition and Premium Editions, your receipt and acceptance of the Thanksgiving print edition and Premium Editions constitutes your consent to these charges and these terms. The full list of Premium Edition dates is below.
- Non-publishing Days: Non-publishing days are scheduled throughout the year. There will be no change to subscription rates. As a result, you will still be charged your full subscription rate for the month(s) that include non-publishing day(s). The full list of Non-Publishing Days is below.
- Vacation Stop or Other Non-Delivery: If you request that we not deliver a print edition for vacation or any other reason, or if we fail to deliver a print edition to you for any reason, your subscription continues, including your full access to our content through our digital platforms. As a result, in the event we do not deliver a print edition to you for any reason (whether by your request or otherwise), your subscription will be credited for the delivery portion of your print delivery. If you want to stop all future charges, you must cancel your subscription.
- Paper Statements / EZ Pay: A printed subscription invoice includes a $5 paper statement fee. To avoid this fee, subscribers can choose to set up EZ Pay. If you choose EZ Pay, you authorize us to automatically charge the credit card you indicate every month 0 to 14 days prior to the expiration of your then current subscription term, for the duration of your subscription or until you notify us otherwise. Any outstanding balance will be processed with the first EZ Pay charge.
- USPS Mail Delivery: If you receive your print edition via the US Postal Service, your print edition will be delivered with your mail service. However, when there is no postal delivery, such as federally recognized holidays, your newspaper will be delivered the next day there is postal delivery available.
- Cancellation: If at any time you decide to cancel your subscription, which you can do at any time, you may contact customer service. Payments are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for the unused portion of a subscription that has been cancelled before the end of a billing cycle. We reserve the right, however, to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit in one instance, we are under no obligation to issue the same refund or credit in the future.
Full Access, digital only subscriptions:
- Unlimited Digital Access subscriptions: Subscriptions do not include print supplements.
- EZ Pay: With EZ Pay, you authorize us to automatically charge the credit card you indicate every month 0 to 14 days prior to the expiration of your then current subscription term, for the duration of your subscription or until you notify us otherwise. Any outstanding balance will be processed with the first EZ Pay charge.
- Cancellation: If at any time you decide to cancel your subscription, which you can do at any time, you may contact customer service. You must cancel your subscription before it automatically renews for a subsequent period to avoid being charged for the next period's subscription fee. If you timely cancel your subscription, the cancellation will become effective at the end of the then current subscription period. Gannett does not provide credits, refunds, or prorated billing for any subscription cancelled mid-period. In such a circumstance you will continue to have access to your subscription for the remainder of the subscription period. We reserve the right, however, to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit in one instance, we are under no obligation to issue the same refund or credit in the future.
- Day or Season Pass subscriptions: Purchases are non-cancellable and non-refundable and will automatically end upon the expiration of the period purchased.
Customer Service Information
- Phone: 1-800-395-3300
Online: help.detroitnews.com Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Claims: All claims must be filed within one year. You must bring any claim against The Detroit News within one year of the date you could first bring the claim. If you fail to file your claim against The Detroit News within one year, the claim is permanently barred.
Limitation of Liability: You can recover from The Detroit News and its affiliates, resellers, distributors, and vendors only direct damages up to an amount equal to the amount you pay for your subscription for one month. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages. The limitations and exclusions apply to anything related to all claims against The Detroit News, including but not limited to claims related to this agreement, The Detroit News, or detroitnews.com. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose or if The Detroit News knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. This provision applies to all claims that arise under, in connection with, or relate to this agreement or your subscription; that arose under, in connection with, or relate to any previous agreement or subscription or that otherwise arose before these terms went into effect; or that may arise in connection with or after or otherwise relate to the termination of this agreement or your subscription.
Waiver of Class Actions: You and the The Detroit News agree that each party may bring disputes against the other party only in an individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, including, without limitation, a federal or state class action lawsuit. However, nothing in this limits your right or the The Detroit News right to bring a lawsuit against each other as an individual plaintiff. This provision applies to all claims that arise under, in connection with, or relate to this agreement or your subscription; that arose under, in connection with, or relate to any previous agreement or subscription or that otherwise arose before these terms went into effect; or that may arise in connection with or after or otherwise relate to the termination of this agreement or your subscription.
Premium Editions 2022: 1/8, 2/5, 2/19, 3/12, 3/26, 4/9, 4/23, 5/7, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18, 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, 9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/22, 11/5, 12/3, 12/17
Non-Publishing Days 2022: 1/1, 1/17, 5/30, 7/4, 9/5, 12/26, 12/30
Premium Editions 2023: 1/7, 2/4, 2/18, 3/11, 3/25, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3, 6/17, 7/8, 7/22, 8/5, 8/19, 9/9, 9/23, 10/7, 10/21, 11/4, 12/2, 12/16
Non-Publishing Days 2023: 1/2, 1/16, 2/20, 5/29, 7/4, 9/4, 12/25